Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Bride Finder by Susan Carroll

I picked this book up twice. The first time I read the first 2 pages and put it back down saying "Oh no what did I buy here" and then picked up a more predicatable historical romance. Then this week I came to the end of my present selection of enjoyable yet run of the mill romance books and I picked this book up again and gave it a start to relax a bit before bed - well I had bought... 4 hours later I was still reading and had to force myself to put the book down to sleep. The next dayI did nothing but finish the book.
The author's use of words brought such rich images to my mind's eye, that as I read the words disappeared and a movie unfloded before me.
A truely wonderful book. If you like historical romance with a touch of gothic, and some humour, you may enjoy the Bride Finder.
available at amazon.

No comments: